The village of Ambivere, in the province of Bergamo, on state road Briantea, connecting Bergamo and Como, is the background of this historical restaurant. Since 1932 documents testify the presence of a trattoria in that spot of the centre where previously stood a wine bar and a bocce court. The Visconti family has been managing the trattoria for four generations. The business was started by Leone with his wife Angelina, then his son Alfredo took the reins and, since 1992, grand-daughter Maria Fiorella. Today Fiorella manages the trattoria with Daniele (who also manages with passion the wine list) and Giorgio (responsible for the vegetable garden). Roberto, Alessandro and Michael are the chefs.
Renovations have preserved the early 20th century detailing of the building, with a cozy and familiar atmosphere where you can easily feel at home. The furniture is simple, wooden chairs and tables covered in white tablecloth, the floor checkered, the dining room is wide and bright and there is a nice veranda in the back. This evocative trattoria is enriched by the vegetable garden, ancient and kept alive for generations, where aromatic herbs, vegetables and a native variety of red corn are cultivated.